- a letter to my future son | Caitlyn S. (via l0vebuzz)
- if you ever want to wear mommy’s make-up, just make sure you don’t eat it. when it’s time to go to bed, I will help you wash it off.
- when school starts and you want to jump rope instead of play kickball, be careful not to trip and hurt your knees.
- if you grow up and a boy makes your heart hurt, you do not have to be ashamed.
- if you fall in love with a girl
who wears the same clothes
as you, it will be easy for me to buy you both presents.
- if I teach you anything, I will teach you to be gentle.
- you are not Atlas and the world
is not a burden for you to carry.
- if you do not like your body, if you feel like you were put inside the wrong one, I will stand by and watch you become again.
- because we are human beings and we do not always have to
take what we are given.
- I will love you constantly, fervently, always.
- I will teach you the value of
the word “no” so that, when you hear it, you do not question it.
- when the war comes
and you want to fight, I will
sleep with clenched fists until you come home to me.
- when the war comes and you don’t want to go, I will sleep soundly.
- you are allowed to be soft. you are allowed to break and bend. you do not have to be strong. you do not have to be a soldier.
(Source: alonesomes, via illness-to-wellness)